Richard Kimber said:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:31:27 -0600
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Proulx) wrote:
>
>> And apparently a poor guess one at that.  Just a few messages down in
>> the list, seen in the archive here, the problem has been reported as
>> being a Win2k DHCP server.
>
> I have this - my Netgear router seems to be configured to do this.  I
> presume it's assuming it's working in a Win2k environment, though it
> claims to work with Linux (and does).
>
> Is the /000 a problem?  I don't even know what it's supposed to mean.
> But it all appears to work.

The \000 is a literal null character. The DHCP server on my network is a
W2K server as well, so it would appear to be the culprit. And, come to
think of it, the Woody installer uses dhcp-client I believe. And I know
there has been a long discussion over pump vs dhcp-client because
dhcp-client is more standards compliant while pump works better with MS
DHCP servers.

-Alex