On 15 Oct 2002 20:43:26 +0200 Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it correct in that this enables me to change wich wm I start eg if I
> type startx, or in my case gdm?
> Im not really interested in that. I want to have a list of wms to choose
> from, from gdm.

WDM would replace GDM as your login manager, not suppliment it.  I know
that the update-alternatives is used by WDM to generate the list of Window
Managers that are presented as choices, I don't know if GDM uses this list
in any way.

--
Jamin W. Collins