Suppose I wanted to set up some kiosks for web browsing, solitaire, etc (just generic users). I can envision three scenarios:

1) full-blown workstations, each one with their own hard drives and OS setup, etc.

2) one server and the rest of the workstations are thin clients, having mobo/cpus, keyboards, mice, monitor

3) one server and the rest of the workstations are dumb terminals, having keyboard, mouse, and monitor connected to the server via serial/firewire/usb/whatever.

I know the first two are possible. But I'd really like to pursue the third option. Is it possible? Practical?

Thanks!

Kent