also sprach nori heikkinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002.10.28.1943 +0100]:
> so i finally listened to what you were saying, sean, and all it took
> was unsetting everything except LANG, which i kept to en_US, and then
> setting LC_COLLATE to C.  dude.  that was simple enough.  thanks,
> sean!

so can someone now come up with a locale for me? i am based in
switzerland, want (british) english as the primary language, Euro
support, C sorting, and don't believe in the am/pm time system? oh, my
paper format is A4, phone numbers should be formatted always with
international access code, addresses don't need states but should
include the country, and give me the metric system, with flowers on
top.

and if all that would finally, *finally* sort my directories before my
files, then i would stop complaining.

(but don't worry, windoze can't do this either)

martin, on a rampage.

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
`. `'`