I just found my Galeon install inadvertantly updated (I can't say
upgraded) from 1.2.x (9ish?) to 1.3.14a-1.  This despite its being
listed as "hold" in dpkg --get-selections:

    galeon                                              hold

I've got major reservations with where Galeon's gone in the 1.3 branch,
most of which I feel is a major step backwards.  Needless to say, I'm
not particularly pleased.  I don't believe I can force a revision to the
prior version, though I'll look into that.

This corresponds to my switching from doing 'apt-get -yu dist-upgrade'
to 'aptitude -yu dist-upgrade'.  I noted a lot of packages getting
updated under aptitude that weren't being changed with apt-get.  The
galeon situation is one of the more annoying of these changes.

This also calls for the possibility of Debian treating major revisions of
packages as separate packages.  This is already done with several
development tools (gcc, perl, python, etc.).  While desktop / end-user
apps don't fall quite under the same category, being able to manage this
change more precisely could be useful.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   Data corrupts.  Absolute data corrupts absolutely.