Hi,

I just installed testing from the beta 4 netinstall cd, on three machines and it is by
far the best installation I have done, the hardware recognition made the whole thing a
piece of cake.

I am curious about one thing though. The install creates two directories as mount
points /floppy, /cdrom and cdrom0. Now I have read the FHS and I know that this kind
of media should be now mounted in /media/floppy and /media/cdrom, and I see that
Testing does create these mount points.

Anyway I deleted what I took to be the surplus /floppy, /cdrom and /cdrom0 and removed
references to them from the /etc/fstab.

I rebooted the machine and was a little surprised to see that although /floppy stayed
gone, /cdrom and /cdrom0 had both returned.

Why are they there? Why do they keep coming back after I zap them

Keith.