On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:30:24 +0200, Ignatz Sol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have set up postfix on a machine to send/receive mail.  Normal
> install and seems fine EXCEPT that I don't think that port 110 is open
> for POPing.  I can send mail fine but I can't get into the machine to
> download mail.  I can't figure out what the problem is.  I cannot
> telnet into the machine on port 110.
>
> Can anyone clue me in to where I can start looking for the problem?

As far as I know, Postfix by itself does not handle the POPping of
messages - you need a separate program for this.

I've installed courier-pop, qpopper, cyrus-pop3d and dovecot-pop3d are
some possible alternatives.

Perhaps you should issue a
ps -fe | grep -i pop
... and see if there's a pop3-server already running or not.
--
Matthijs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]