Manu wrote:
Jakob

Did you get a response from someone?

I have the same problem too and on top of it I have
gnome settings crashing.

I tried to apply the patch from
this discussion
http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2004/05/msg00693.html
 but it looks like it is already done.

anyone has an idea?

Thanks

Manu

--- jakob bratkovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yesterday (18.06.2004) I did an "apt-get
dist-upgrade" on my debian testing distribution. Some gnome packages got
upgraded to 2.6 and now nautilus shows no icons. Menus are OK, but on the
desktop I can only see the "start here" icon. All the others are default
icons (blank piece of paper). Changing themes doesn't help, and neither
does changing
desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme or
desktop/gnome/file_views/icon_theme or
apps/nautilus/preferences/theme, which I understand
is now obsolete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jaka

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

I got the thing fixed. First I tried downgrading nautilus, which didn't help. Then I upgraded gnome-control-center from unstable and now everything works fine. This is how it was done:

* add unstable to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb ftp://ftp.XX.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

-replace XX with a country code of a country near you-

* update packages
$ apt-get update

* upgrade gnome-control-center from unstable
$ apt-get install gnome-control-center/unstable

* remove unstable from sources list

* update packages again
$ apt-get update

Now log out of gnome and log in again and it should work. It did for me.

Hope you are successful

Jaka