Stefano Rivoir wrote:
Felix C. Stegerman wrote:

I realise this is probably not Debian-specific,
but I'm hoping someone on this list can help me out anyway.

[...]

It's a known problem, both in early -bk and in -mm1. Either wait for -mm2 or look for the right fix, it's been around in the lkml (an abs macro that failed on a cast).

Bye

Thanks.

I guess I missed that while searching for solutions.
I've searched the LKML archive for any reference but couldn't find
anything. I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction
so I can read about it myself.

If I understand you correctly, the problem is caused by the -mm1 patch.
I'll try building an unpatched kernel and see whether it's ok.

Felix

P.S.
I wonder why you sent this reply to me directly with a CC to the list instead of to the list only.
Maybe you didn't mean to?

--
Felix C. Stegerman

the QuiX project - Open Source Software Development
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web:    http://www.quix.tk/