On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:53:38 -0600
"Monique Y. Mudama" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2004-06-28, Colemont Bert penned:
> > Help!
> >
> > I run an apache 1.3 on my debian-sarge, and I have installed php3
> > and the fp extension,... but evrytime I go to my page: index.php the
> > browser want's to download it.  I allready have poked around in the
> > mime.types but I can't get it working correctly,... any help?
> >

> I have this line in /etc/apache/modules.conf
> LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
>
> and this line in /etc/apache/srm.conf
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.php3 index.php

I think Monique has the solution, but be sure to look at it closely. You
mention installing _php3_ and she includes apache config info for
_php4_. There are several ways to fix this, but I strongly recommend
upgrading to php4, since it's included in Woody and better than php3.

The default installation for php4 in Woody should fix your problem.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135