apt version 0.5.4 i386
dpkg version 1.9.21
kernel 2.2.20-idepci#1
libc-2.2.5-so
Machine: Cpu Intel Celeron 1.7Ghz; Motherboard Columbia;
Ram 256MB.

Hi,
Forgive my newbie problems (I did install debian some six years ago, but havn't needed
to do anything to it, so I'm a newbie again). I seem to have run into the same problem
on two seperate occasions. I can't figure it out, but here's some info so you can at
least tell me where to look. Please.

On the first occasion when running "apt-get install locales" I'm faced with a screen
of which locales I want to install. However nothing I do allows me to move on. The
options are changed by moving the cursor keys to the appropriate place and pressing
the space bar.

I decided to not install locales, (using dselect), so I could actually install the
packages, and get a working system.

I then tried to configure X, with  "dpkg-reconfigure", as I didn't configure X during
installation. I'm using an LCD screen. I eventually got to a screen requesting usable
resolutions. This screen works by moving the cursor up and down, and using the space
bar to make a selection. This screen also did not allow me to move on.

The two problems were so strikingly similar one might conclude they were the same
problem. I have no idea where the problem lies, and so I'm asking for help, and to
find out where (if any where) I should report this problem to.

Thanks for your time
Yours
Dave