I am thinking about using ncftpput (ftp server does not support ssh), and to enstript files before uploading. I did take a look at

i assume oyu mean encrypt ... and yes .. do encrypt the backup files
but mroe importantly, use a different ftp login id and unique passwd
you do not use anywhere else
- assume your ftp server is hacked and the [h/cr]acker is
collecting login and passwd info from your other boxes
and sniffing all traffic that server is sitting on

yes, I mean enscrypt, and yes my ftp user name/password is different and can not be changed. ...

Thanks,