At 22:05 11/08/2004 -0400, you wrote:
On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 14:06, Stephen Tait wrote:
> At long last, we've finally got a RAID card for the office file server!
>
> It's a lovely 3ware 9000 series with 8 SATA ports, and looks very lovely
> indeed. But I can't get it working for the life of me.

[...]

Well, 3ware 9XXX isn't in the mainline Kernel as of yet. 3ware just got
bought by a company and since the new stuff came out since the drivers
have not been as "lovely" as possible, as compared to how nice the
previous 3ware kernel module did.

Yeah, I eventually figured that out my lots of googling and comparing the sources.

Soon. You can get the drivers from them. INstall a "base system" on a
PATA disk (used) and then compile and reboot with the new drivers...

The problem is I don't have abas system to install onto, unless I recycle the current system. I'm guessing all I need to do is copy the files over to the RAID1 partitions, chroot and install a LILO boot block...?

Then you can chroot install on the Card and then install the same kernel
and then install grub. From there, it is just a matter of getting it to
work.

Which is a bit of a shame, since I'd really like to start with the new sarge release. But I figured the only way I could do that would be to create my own custom kernel and boot media... which might be interesting...