* Josef Oswald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [040819 22:09]:

> Well it seems that Sarge is _now_ the current stable release?

No, it isn't.

> When login into  shell I see Debian Gnu/Linux 3.1.

The package base-files contains the file /etc/debian_version. This
content of this file is displayed on the login, and for obvious reasons
this file and the package needed to be upgrade before Sarge is released.

I'm pretty surem, that when sarge is released, you will see it in many
online newstickers.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander