On Tuesday 24 August 2004 14:10, Andreas Ehn wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:59:04PM +0000, Adam Funk wrote:
>
>> I was certainly glad to discover ImageMagick after I started using a
>> digital camera: the command line is the easiest way to rotate 30
>> JPGs 90 degrees to the left!
>
> You might want to check out jpegtran, which can apply lossless
> transformations (resizing and rotation) to JPEG images within some
> limits. Most tools uncompress, transform and (lossily) recompress the
> image, resulting in loss of information each time.

Up to now, I've been preserving the original images by copying them to a
subdirectory, then mogrifying the ones in the higher directory.  That
way if I need the full-size, high-quality images for future editing I
still have them.  But it would be nice to have them rotated correctly
but losslessly for browsing them with GQView.

Thanks for that!