- floppy disk = only 1.44mb per disk, easy to break
- zip disk = more than 100mb (old and new ver) harder
than floppy, the floppy drive of Mac :)

- vcd = ??? video cd is refer to movie in a cd
- dvd = dvd is the media that being used in replacment
of CD (not vcd) has more advance tech, can contains
data (or movie) up to 4g (single layer) and 8g (dual
layer)

- cd recordable = (refered to a blank cd) cd media
which can writen (files or movies)
- cd rewriteable = same as above, but has ability to
be erased and replace the data inside the cd
(depending on you refered as 'cd', in the society, it
can means the blank cd or physical cd hardware/cd
drive)

- cd rom drive = refer to a physical hardware of a cd
drive we use on our computer
- cd write = ??? (missing 'r'?) absolutely no clues
what is this

- laptop >< note book = i think both of them refer
only the language, both are the same. If you were
asking laptop and tablet pc, thats will make it more
interesting

These are my answers if one of my student asking these
sort of questions...

Quick and painless