Paul Johnson <baloo <at> ursine.dyndns.org> writes:

> Hasan <linux <at> degismez.com> writes:
>
> > I was using 2.4.27-1-k7 now upgrade to 2.6.8-1-k7 kernel . And all the
> > things perfect and faster now . If anybody have a problem with usb
> > optical mouse change your kernel to 2.6  .
>
> I'm running 2.6.8 already and I have that problem still...

I'm still freezing too.  Latest pre-compiled 2.6.8 kernel on Sid, ThinkPad T22.

It's not just the usb mouse-- it also freezes with a PS2 mouse and even with no
external mouse (just the trackpointer).  Usually the machine seems to be warm or
under a heavy load.

I had a theory it was ACPI, but Hasan was probably using APM on his 2.4 kernel,
so it must be something else.

John