Needed HID Input Layer Support enabled in the kernel.

Thanks for your help

Cheers - Piers

Craig Jackson wrote:
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:17:56 +0100
Piers Kittel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

Have got an standard USB Intellimouse - I put in a new hard drive, installed Debian, and basically it worked just fine. Then I had to remove the hard drive and go back to my old install, but the mouse doens't work there, and I've mounted the drive I had to remove and checked all settings on both drives and they both seems to be the same

but still won't work on the old install - can anyone help?

I've got the following modules loaded (relevant to the mouse):

mousedev                4148   1
input                   3520   0  [mousedev]
hid                     9976   0  (unused)
usb-uhci               23344   0  (unused)
usbcore                61932   1  [hid usb-uhci]

modprobe psmouse

and the USB subsystem driver outputs (on bootup):

Sep  6 09:26:21 deaf-pc15 kernel: : USB HID v1.00 Mouse [045e:0009] on

usb1:2.0

In my XF86Config-4 file I've got the following:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"

ExploperPS/2 instead of ImPS/2 if you're using the 2.6 kernel