On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:17:31 GMT, Juha Siltala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2004-09-16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I want to try and use GNOME after sometime with KDE.
> > And I was wondering if there was a GUI equivalent of K3B for the GNOME
> > desktop.
>
> I'm afraid there isn't. There's xcdroast as others have mentioned. For me,
> the only thing it cannot do is burn audio cd's from ogg files, for that
> you need mp3burn or to convert your files to wavs by hand. Eroaster is
> nice and can do all CD operations (no DVDs), but lately it has been
> increasingly buggy (I think it's confused by ATAPI devices under kernel
> 2.6 or something). The easiest way to burn data CDs in GNOME is directly
> from Nautilus.
>
> Then again, K3B runs just fine on GNOME too.

Can anyone recommend something akin to the windows program
DVDShrink in debian?  For backing up DVDs I tend to use
dvdbackup (which sometimes fails to get all of some DVDs), then
shrink (dual-layer ones -> single-layer DVD-R) using DVDShrink under
vmware. I tried using it under wine but couldn't get it to recognise my
DVD-R or DVD-RW drive actually existed.  Then I use K3B (which is
otherwise excellent) to burn.  This is a bit of a circuitous route.  I don't
want to remove just one track or such.  Is there an easier way?

-James