On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 02:55:15PM -0500, Jacob S wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:37:00 -0600
> Torrin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 12:28:35PM -0400, Icebiker wrote:
> > > This isn't a linux or open license solution, but FWIW I've been very
> > > happy using password vault software on my Palm to hold ~100
> > > passwords and magic numbers. I'm using Dataviz's Password Plus, but
> > > there are lots of them out there, and they're relatively cheap.
> >
> > How about Keyring for Palm OS.  That's about as cheap as you can get
> > (free).
> >
> > http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net
>
> hmm... This looks interesting. Any way to run something like this from
> a desktop? Even better if it has both a Linux and a Windows version, but
> since I can boot off the usb key to get into Linux, a Linux-only program
> would be fine too.

I'll second the recommendation for keyring.

Jpilot gives you full editing access to the keyring under linux. There are a
couple of read-only viewers for windows, but nothing r/w. It should be noted
that in order to use these 'conduits' you have to hotsync your palm with the
computer, which means that palm desktop software would have to be installed
on each machine and the contents of your palm would be backed up to their
HDs. This is probably not something that you want to do casually on machines
you ocassionally use. If you can pull off the usb-linux trick this could be
avoided.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | WARNING: Persons denying the existence of
Denver, Colorado USA  | robots may be robots themselves.