On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:02:06 +0100, James Cummings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using debian unstable and exim4 and forwarding a bunch of
> mail on for another system using /etc/aliases
>
> Firstname.Lastname: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Firstname1.Lastname1: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> etc.
>
> Is there a way to put a catch-all address in so that any
> mail I've not explicitly matched can be sent to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ?
>
> I've tried just putting *: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  and
> doing @first.system.com :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> but that doesn't seem to work.

Aha!  Replying to my own post:  For the record I have found that
the way to do this is...
----------------
Exim 4 Catchall
Add another file in the router directory for catchall to work.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/exim4/conf.d/router$ cat 950_exim4-config_catchall
 catch_all:
   debug_print = "R: catch_all for [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
   driver = redirect
   data = ${lookup{*}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/exim4/conf.d/router$ egrep hendry /etc/aliases
 root: hendry
 *: hendry
With other people. I have yet to figure out how to configure different
aliases for different hosts, but I am not worried about that problem
atm.

As detailed at http://db.cs.helsinki.fi/~hendry/faqwiz/faqw.py?req=all#1.79
and this doesn't do multiple hosts well, but works for what I want.

-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com