Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Preston Boyington wrote:
>> Andreas Janssen wrote:
>>

>> It happens when Grub starts to boot my system.  I see the following:
>>
>> root (hd0,0)
>> kernel /boot/vmlinz-2.6.8-1-386 root=/dev/hda1 ro
>> initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-1-386
>> savedefault
>> boot
>>
>> after that, nothing.
>>

> Why not boot CD#1 again, do expert, and select lilo?
>
> Hugo.

That's what I (basically) did this last time (except I used an up-to-date netinst
cdrom for the base install).  I was hoping to figure out the glitch in the setup with
Grub since that seems to be the "default" bootloader now, but I don't have the time to
devote to it (and who needs to reboot that often anyway?).

Also, for my setup I had to use a combination of the 2.4 kernel and Lilo.  The 2.6 and
Lilo/Grub didn't work and the 2.4 with Grub didn't work.  Strange, but it's an old(er)
laptop (Gateway Solo 1150) and the install was almost painless.

Thanks everyone.

Preston