Got a quick apt question. I had a DIMM go bad in my sid system, and thanks to
having to hard reset it during troubleshooting, a couple of filesystems got
trashed.

I removed the bad DIMM, and was able to rebuild the filesystems (reiserfs).
However, a slew of files (700+) got put in lost+found. Since the bulk of them
were in /, it was mainly Debian packages.

In order to make things right again, I ran debsums -s, and got all of the
packages that either had missing files or bad md5sums on the files.

Once I had my list, I did the following:

[defiant ~]# apt-get install --ignore-missing --reinstall `cat deblist`
In spiite of the --ignore-missing (many are older versions of packages that
_should_ have been removed when the newer versions were installed), I got
stuff like:

Reinstallation of automake is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
Reinstallation of epan is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
Reinstallation of gnapster is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
Reinstallation of gtkhtml1.1 is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
Reinstallation of libgtkhtml1.1-3 is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
Reinstallation of libgtkhtml1.1-data is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
Reinstallation of libhdf5-serial is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
Package libid3-3.7-13 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package libid3-3.7-13 has no installation candidate

Is there a way to get around the messages above without individually removing
them from the apt-get list (and the system)? And why doesn't --ignore-missing
seem to work?
--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                       |