On Thursday 04 November 2004 15:03, xavier wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 08:00:06PM -0600, psychoelmo wrote:
> > "Canonical offers professional support for Ubuntu on both desktops
and
> > servers. Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more information."
> >  -- from http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/paidsupport
> >
> > you'd have to ask them about availability and response time
though..  :)

> Yes, i contacted them and they do offer support.
> this would be perfect, but my boss/client wants
> a corporate web site branding their own distribution.
> ie redhat.com distributes and support redhat.com.

So why not run with RedHat or Suze?  You are surely looking for a
chauffeur-driven kit sports car.  Or a Hyatt adventure trail through
the Amazon.

Corporations that want to pay for corporate support and packaging get a
pretty good deal from RedHat, and save the direct responsibility of
paying for trained staff to manage their installations.  I am not
saying there is nothing to do to run a RedHat installation, but surely
it is a different kind of process from Debian, or Gentoo, or...  And
rightly so.

Aren't you better off running Debian for yourself and Redhat for the
boss/client?  And developing two saleable skills at once.

None of my business, of course...

--
richard