sorry, should have explicitly stated that one reason for the move from woody to sarge is that the former doesn't recognise my Ethernet card so I cannot do installations over the network
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerome BENOIT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: moving from woody to sarge

A sound idea is to read

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-woody.en.html

first.

hth,
Jerome

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
okay, I'm going to take the plunge and forget about using ''woody'' &
trying to upgrade the kernel (too many dependencies issues) and go str for
''sarge''... so, I presume I might as well just wipe the current
(non-WinXP!) partitions and start from scratch -- does that make sense?

-- Dr. Jerome BENOIT room A2-26 Complexo Interdisciplinar da U. L. Av. Prof. Gama Pinto, 2 P-1649-003 Lisboa, Portugal email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]