Hello,

my feeling is that you have troubles with the FLEXlm server:
have you installed it ?

I do not use MathLab, but I use Maple which use FLEXlm as well.
As far I can remember, for single user usage FLEXlm is not needed,
otherwise it is needed.

hth,
Jerome

Peter Robinson wrote:
Hi,

I have the latest version of matlab (7/SP1) that I have not been able to
install under Debian (3.0, kernel 2.6.7).
It seems as if the startup matlab script is trying to get the libc
version number and not succeeding. Has anybody else seen this problem?I
would be grateful for any tips!! WHen one is used to getting lots of
great programs for free with Debian it is particularly annoying to pay
for a program and not be able to install it :-)

-Peter
PS, an example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ matlab
/usr/local/bin/matlab: line 1: /lib/libc.so.6: Permission denied

License Manager Error -15.
Cannot connect to license server

The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet, or

 the wrong [EMAIL PROTECTED] or license file is being used, or the
 port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Feature:       MATLAB
Server name:   anna
License path:  /usr/local/matlab7/etc/license.dat:/usr/local/matlab7 -
   /etc/*.lic
FLEXlm error:  -15,570.  System Error: 111 "Connection refused"
For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

MATLAB is unable to connect to the license server.
Make sure the SERVER line in your license file is correct.
Have your MATLAB administrator verify that the license manager is
running and validate network services.

For more information, see The MathWorks Support page at
http://www.mathworks.com/support and search for
"license manager error -15"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~