The only virus I ever had the pleasure of cleaning up after was the
Stoned virus back in 1991.  It had this propensity for putting itself
into the book record of every floppy and, as I recall, it couldn't
infect my hard drive.  It was a bugger to get rid of and one of the
locals came up with an anti-virus program that detected and cleaned it
from one of the shareware sites.  It was spread by sharing floppies as
none of us had access to a BBS within local calling distance.  This was
in the days when MS-DOS 5.0 was the big thing, or 386 BSD if a person
had one of those high end 386 machines (I had an 8 MHz XT clone).

Never got infected after that.  It's bizarre that the chairman of
Microsoft just seems to accept that malware is a way of life.  No
wonder the company doesn't get it.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of