Incoming from Chris Lale:
> On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 23:04, Carl Fink wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 12:15:00PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > I tend to prefer real email management over fake email address hacks.
> > > Keeps everything simpler, makes the spam easier to report, etc.
> >
> > Who are you reporting spam to, anyway?  I'd like to contribute but I'm
> > woefully out-of-touch.
>
> OK, this looks like a Good Idea. So I got hold of the adcomplain Perl
> script from http://www.rdrop.com/users/billmc/adcomplain.html. I pipe a
> spam message to it
>       cat spam-file | perl adcomplain.pl

Useless use of cat.  The adcomplain documentation says:

   adcomplain <file

> maildir files with mb2md (from Testing). The files are in a subdirectory
> called cur with names like these:
>       1100447087.000000.mbox:2,S
>       1100447087.000001.mbox:2,S
>       1100447087.000002.mbox:2,S

  # untested!
  #
  for f in cur/1100447087.000000.mbox*; do
    adcomplain.pl < $f
  done

I haven't used adcomplain, so ymmv.  Consider going to Spamcop.net,
getting a _free_ spam reporting address, and sending your Spam to
them.  They'll analyze it to death and mail you back a URL where you
can go to see what they came up with, and finish (or cancel) the
report depending on what they found.  If you go that way, they have a
perl script you can use to auto-report Spam.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -