Maybe is a bug...
I've encountered it 10 minutes ago after an apt-get upgrade on "sid"...

Rodney D. Myers wrote:
I'm running sarge, and just finished running "sudo aptitude update &&
sudo aptitude upgrade".

All usually goes fine, except today. I'm now getting this error
message;

sudo aptitude upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
gaim sylpheed-claws
console-data cxref kernel-image-2.6.9-1-k7 libexif10
libqt3-compat-headers libqt3-headers libqt3-mt-dev libqt3c102-mt
libreadline5 libselinux1 memtest86 python-gnome2 python2.3-gnome2
qt3-designer qt3-dev-tools qt3-qtconfig valgrind vim vim-common
19 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/32.3MB of archives. After unpacking 979kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] Preconfiguring packages ...
Setting up sed (4.1.2-2) ...

No `START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY' and no `This file documents'.
install-info(/usr/share/info/sed.info): unable to determine description for
`dir' entry - giving up
dpkg: error processing sed (--configure):
 sed
localepurge: checking system for new locale ...
localepurge: processing locale files ...
localepurge: processing man pages ...
Ack!  Something bad happened while installing packages.  Trying to recover:
Setting up sed (4.1.2-2) ...

No `START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY' and no `This file documents'.
install-info(/usr/share/info/sed.info): unable to determine description for
`dir' entry - giving up
dpkg: error processing sed (--configure):
 sed
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done

Any idea how to correct this?

Thanks

--
- Riccardo Tortorici -
Linux Registered User #365170

http://www.georgedillon.com/web/netiquette.shtml

Sponsor:
Conto Arancio. Zero spese, stessa banca, pił interessi.
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=657&d=17-11