i was speaking for myself and those who commented that they didn't mind.
I really don't think Curt was trying to be divisive?
Are we really so fickle?
Am I really not going to seek your help or value your opinion on debian if I think you are a political dolt?
Come on people.  I don't care what party my doctor belongs to.  I don't seek spiritual advice from my mechanic.
I can laugh at a joke about liberals even though I am one.
I agree that this is the wrong place for standing on the soap box and I won't do that.
But I won't hide the fact that I am scared sh*t-less by the neo-con agenda.
Curt could have chosen a different simile, and obviously should have since you guys failed to understand it due to your sensitivities.
But tell him it doesn't make sense, don't start cursing at him.

Lest I chase anyone away from the list, I will cease participation on this topic except off list.
That is an invitation.

John Hasler wrote:
Michael Z Daryabeygi writes:

lists are first about community.  The value of spontaneous community
fosters the value in name.  You can't have the latter without the former.

Inflammatory political comments are divisive, and those who post them know
it.

So now the community is biting back.

Speak for yourself.  I don't often agree with Mr. Ballard, but he is right
about this.

You were courteous enough to obfuscate your spelling, so you must
understand on some level social protocol.

An example of which is not posting inflammatory political remarks.

curse and yell out loud all you want.  we don't want to hear it.

And we don't want to hear your political opinions.  Even when we agree with
them.

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]