> Hey guys,
>
> I'm considering installing the 'udev' package as part of my Sarge 2.6
> installation.  My motivation is that I'm often baffled when trying to
> figure out which USB device is associated with USB devices I plug in.
>
> Is there a general concensus about whether udev makes life better or
> worse?
>
> Thanks,
> Christian

It is a Good Thing.  It really is nice to plug in whatever combination of
USB devices, and they always mount in the same places.

Make sure you save a backup of your udev.conf file, so that you can
restore your changes when the udev package is upgraded.  Also, it doesn't
know about vmware right now, so if you use vmware, you will have to
recreate the /dev/vmmon and /dev/vmnet entries.