On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 10:38 +0800, Lian Liming wrote:
> >Pure Sid, or sarge/sid, or sid/experimental?  Maybe you have
> >something lurking in your /etc/apt/sources.list that you forgot
> >about?
> >

> I am using Pure unstable Sid.

GNOME 2.8 is in the process of trickling into Sid. It has been suggested
that one treads carefully when trying to upgrade these packages because
there will be some dependency problems where certain packages haven't
made it in yet.

Case in point, when the libeel packages were first available, synaptic
wanted to remove almost everything else GNOME-related. I waited until
the next day, and enough packages were available that nothing needed to
be removed.