On 23 Nov 2004, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > For now I will adopt "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.  I am
> > unsure of what removing x-window-system entails ... something to explore
> > when I have more time ;)
>
> This shouldn't be hard.  Just 'apt-get remove x-window-system', and see
> what it wants to take out with it.  You can always say no, but probably
> it will just be that metapackage and you can safely remove it.

I removed x-window-system and then xprnt-common and xprint-xprintorg
successfully, but next time I ran aptitude it wanted to remove stuff it
shouldn't (xfont files, xserver-xfree86 etc). I changed the delete flag
to install on these and things seemed to be all right after that.

Anthony

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic