On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:15:29 -0800 (PST), RituRaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am PC for and i am considering various options :
> Intel/AMD64/AMD. Also i would like to know low cost
> -reliable motherboards for AMD. PLease suggest.
> THe purpose of the PC is:
> Running all multimedia apps ...like 3dmax,maya etc.
>
> Wheather i should go for intel or AMD?

This is OT, but here goes.

While Intel hardware shines well on multimedia applications, I'd still
recommend the AMD64 :) Cheap (well, relatively), reliable and can
crunch lots of computations in one gulp. Not to mention it runs much
cooler than the LGA775-based setups Intel currently has.

The best thing is - no matter what you choose - Debian's still there
for that machine :)
--
Paolo Alexis Falcone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]