On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:57:52 +0100, Oliver Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> It certainly is annoying, but I'd bet that most
>> are just random acts of mistyping rather than concerted conspiracies of
>> stupidity.
>
>I think it is an international conspiracy of stupidy that tries to
>destroy us ... maybe they are even sent from an alien planet?
>
>Oliver

No, that's something else. That's due to human nature, causing the
collective intelligence of any group of people to be inversely
proportional to the number of people in the group. For example, all
the individual soldiers in the First World War knew that it was
utterly stupid to charge machine gun nests across half a mile of
swamp, but the Army as a whole didn't understand this.

"Unsuscribe" messages sent to the wrong address are merely from some
of Elizabeth Dexia's many children. (The original "From" line is
suspect too...)

Pigeon