Hello

Ben Bettin (<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

> I'm running Sarge and have two 250 gb drives.  One has my system
> installed on it, the other is mounted as /backup.  I intended to use
> /backup to...well...back things up :)
>
> How do I grant certain users access to /backup?  Right now it's only
> accessible to the root user.  I've read through a few man-pages, and I
> get the impression that I need to add the users to the directory's
> group....but I'm not sure how to do that.  Any thoughts?

If you use the FAT file system on the backup disk, set permissions,
owner and group with the umask, uid and gid parameters in the fstab.
`man mount` can tell you the details. If you use a Linux file system on
the backup drive, set the permissions using chmod, chown and chgrp.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>