On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:58:36 +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have installed knoppix with knx2hd but it doesn't seem to be using
> swap. I was wondering:

Have you verified via `free -m` if the swap partition wasn't even mounted?

> - What tool can I use to make sure the swap partition exists?

An fdisk utility would see if the swap partition exists.

> - What do I need to do to "mount" the swap, or rather let linux know
> that it should use the swap partition?

man 8 swapon.

Add an fstab entry to automatically mount it everytime your machine
boots up, e.g.:
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0

--
Paolo Alexis Falcone