On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:09:46 -0500, Mason Loring Bliss
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 06:39:48AM +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
>
> > I personally would recommend qiv. A wonderful tool for viewing images.
> > Just apt-get it and you will, probably, never worry about xv :-)
>
> Does qiv have a function like xv's -maxpect? I really miss this in other
> programs. I'd be happy with ImageMagick's display if it had a -maxpect.

Here's its package description:

A quick image viewer for X
    Quick Image Viewer (qiv) is a very small and pretty fast GDK/Imlib image
    viewer. Features include zoom, maxpect, scale down, fullscreen,
    brightness/contrast/gamma correction, slideshow, pan with keyboard and
    mouse, rotate left/right, flip, delete (move to .qiv-trash/), jump to image
    x, jump forward/backward x images, filename filter, and you can use qiv to
    set your X11-Desktop background.

Patrick