On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:02:41AM +0100, Mauro Darida wrote:
> Hello,
> just wondering what is experimental. I know about stable, testing and
> unstable, but cannot find anything about "experimental". Someone said it
> not a real distribution...

Hi Mauro,
checkout my picture:
http://kmark.home.pipeline.com/debian.png
experimental is where someone wants to try out some 'experimental' idea
that is not meant for everyone to use. experimental packages do not go
into unstable until the author desides it is ok. Where as a normal
packages gets build and placed in unstable from the beginning.
-kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||