Bob Alexander wrote:
I keep a few different kernel source trees under /usr/src and each of them has a different .config file.

Part of my pre-backup script I would like to run a command such as

find /usr/src -name .config

for example:

/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.9-rja/.config
/usr/src/linux-2.6.10-rja/.config

and for every match write a file to my /backup_data directory with a filename that is made up like "kernel-source-2.6.9-rja.config" and "linux-2.6.10-rja.config" or some similar unique filename which relates the the kernel tree.

Thank you for any help,
Bob

(using bash:) for i in * do if [ -d $i ] then if [ -f $i/.config ] then echo cp $i/.config /backup_data/$i.config fi fi done

If this prints the correct lines, remove echo in front of the cp and run again ;)

HTH,

Joris