On Monday 03 January 2005 10:17, Necati DEMiR wrote:

> # dmesg|grep hdb
> ide_setup: hdb=ide-scsi
>     ide0: BM-DMA at 0xffa0-0xffa7, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
> hdb: HL-DT-ST GCE-8400B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

It looks to me as though you are using udev (or devfs).  When you use
ide-scsi, the cdrom is no longer /dev/hdb, but something like /dev/sr0 (not
sure).

A bit late now, but when asked for dmesg, it would have been more helpful to
give us it all, then we can get other clues.  For instance  - what version of
the kernel are you using.  2.6 doesn't need (indeed shouldn't have) ide-scsi.
You will need to load ide-cd though (put it in /etc/modules).

--
Alan Chandler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]