Ron Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 14:30 +0100, Wim De Smet wrote:

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:27:51 +0100, Karsten Bolding
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> [...]
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD /pub/hans.burchard ... done.
==> PASV ...

and then hangs.
If I do a normal anonymous ftp I can download the file OK.

The man page seems to indicate that "active" is the default.

       --passive-ftp
           Use the passive FTP retrieval scheme, in which the
           client initiates the data connection.  This is
           sometimes required for FTP to work behind fire-
           walls.

Going from the output from wget, it doesn't seem this way. Do you have a ~/.wgetrc or is there a /etc/wgetrc which might be changing the default behaviour (look for the option `passive_ftp = on').

Otherwise, I'm stumped.