--- Jochen Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> j Mak:
> >
> > /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: xserver-xfree89 is not
> > installed
>
> Then do 'aptitude install xserver-xfree86' (and yes,
> 86 not 89). I am
> very sure it's on the first CD.

Thanks Jochen

The “aptitude install xserver-xfree86” command worked.
Now i have x window and kde up and running.
But now i have other problems. I cannot use the text
editors because they cannot connect to the xserver. I
also installed synaptic but i wont start. The
Xfconfig4 badly configured my monitor. I just wonder,
is it possible to replace sarge's xfconfig4 with
Knoppix?

thanks a lot

jozsefmak