Hi.

I have Debian Linux installed on my computer but I have a couple of
questions. What is basically the difference for example between Redhat
and Debian linux? I have noticed that there are some files located in
different directories and the package system is differend (.deb
and .rpm) but basically what is the difference?

Then Iīd like to know the apt-get server what is the most recently
upgraded. I have tried the closest ones to me (finland and sweden) but
I still do have older versions of for example irssi. And what about
KDE. I have said "apt-get install kde" and the other packages but I
still have 2.2.x version. Why arenīt these (finnish and swedish)
servers up to date? Or is it just me, do I have to do something to
upgrade my things. I know that I can download for example KDE from
downloads.com but i have to download so many files that itīll get
complicated or is there an easier way to do it?

Regards:
Rauno