And later,  Alvin Oga wrote:

> I'm still open to suggestions regarding backing up on CDs/DVDs.

I have been noticing the per-gigabyte price of (larger) hard disks declining,
and I have the impression that they are approaching that of CDs.

What's more, you only have to pay for them once, whereas you keep
buying more CDs.  Except, of course for the CD-RWs, which I found
a nuisance to erase.  I'vr gone the dismountable hard disk route, and
haven't regretted it.