[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Eck) writes:

> I remember reading about this several months ago. It was the opinion
> of most people at the time to be just a joke. Anyone know for sure
> if it is anything other than a joke?

Well, I'd like to see the code for the infinite loop that'd melt down
my processor.  I've written a few in my time (accidentally), and the
machine's still here.

I think this is probably a joke.  I actually have received a "GOOD
TIMES" message, actually got one a couple of times, way back when I
used AOL (feel free to flame, it was pre-linux for me, too).  Anyway,
the message was a virus in some sense, but it required active
participation.  It was a message saying that it had been around the
world X number of times and that anyone who would do what it said and
continue the pyramid, tacking on their own name, would get great
wealth and voodoo luck.  If you failed to do this in Y number of days,
all manner of evil catastrophies would befall you.

I ignored it with no ill effects at the specified instance of doom.

--
Rob