On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Shaya Potter wrote:

> Whenever I try to do a netdate to any site, I get a connection refused
> error, I done both tcp and udp.  Could it be because I am behind a firewall?

Very possibly.
The reason your system clock gains/looses time (one or the other, not
both) is that the timer that the system uses runs of the system crystal
and is not dividable to an even second. Your calendar clock does not
suffer from this problem and is far more accurate. Thus 'clock -s' will
reset the system clock to the "more accurate" calendar clock. These clocks
tend to stay within 1 sec/year of the correct time. If this kind of
accuracy is not sufficient then you will need to learn about breaking out
of firewalls. I am totaly ignorant on this subject, so please tell us what
you learn.

Luck,

Dwarf

      Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]