On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Shaya Potter wrote:

> I just upgraded to the newest Babel (3.6-4) and it seems to have gotten
> screwed.  It won't configure because it says it doesn't know how to
> generate manfnt.mf, and then it says it can't find manfnt.mf.  It then
> writes a huge log file to disk, which has crashed my machine already
> because it filled up the disk, so now I kill it before it writes too
> much.
> I had installed some new TeX packages right before I installed Babel,
> could that be the reason it is messed up right now.  I have included all
> the output from the configure and the end of this message in case that
> can help anyone figure out what happened.

Ditto here, I noticed the same problem this afternoon!

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      *