Hi,
I finaly found some time to take a second look at my LILO trouble. Thanx for
all your suggestions they have taken me one more step along the way. First
of all the Geometry settings was the same in the BIOS as linux reported.

> I made the same mistake that Joshua and Hakan made.  The READMEFIRST file
> in /usr/doc/lilo gives two possible fixes:
>
>  - In linux you can remove lilo from the master boot record with:
>       lilo -U
>
>  - In MSDOS you can remove lilo by:
>       fdisk /mbr
>
> The lilo -U fix did not work for me since I had already re-partitioned.
> fdisk /mbr was successful.

The same goes for me. I successfully uninstalled lilo with fdisk /mbr, but
when I reinstalled it I was back where I started. But now at least I can boot
my system in msdos mode and the turn to linux with loadlin, and I can live
with that setup, even if I found LILO interface smooter. And thanx again for
all your grate support. Thanx to you I once again have a usable system.