James MacLean wrote:

> On Sep 13,  1:59pm, Chuma Agbodike wrote:
> > Subject: Undefined module symbols
> > Greetings.
> >
> >       I picked up DOSEMU 0.63.1.75 from your ftp site. Installed it,
> > but I have run into a wall. I get a screenful of undefined module
> > symbols. And DOSEMU fails to load.
> >       I am runing Linux version 2.0.13   What do you recommend that
> > I do to get DOSEMU to work?
> >

> > Best regards
> > Chuma
>
> Have you upgraded your kernel in between compiling DOSEmu? If so , try another
> make and see if it updates the modules. Otherwise, try modifying the
> load_module.sh  file to include some extra params like the -Z and -z parms.
> execute DOSEmu's insmod without any parms to see the options.
>
> LAter,
> JES
>
> --
> James B. MacLean        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Department of Education http://www.ednet.ns.ca/~macleajb/dosemu.html
> Nova Scotia, Canada
> B3M 4B2

Thanks James.

After studying your response, I searched for all ocurences of insmod.
There was another lurking somewhere. I renamed it to insmodold. Even
though you said use the other insmod, it would not work. I kept on
getting: insmod not a file or directory. Well I went to read LINUX
manual about unix commands and started to understand why
./load_module.sh has that dot before the slash. In DOS if you're in the
current DIR and the command is there the system doesn't have to stick to
the path. So you get my drift I hope. Anyway I applied my haunch and got
the help info after I did ./insmod from /usr/src/dosemu.bin where the
insmod command was placed. It worked.

>From there I went on. Now I studied the DOSEMU info files some more and
finally was able to get DOSEMU started.

Thanks.

Now I have to figure out why am getting:

DOSEMU: ttys lock: (/usr/spool/uucp/LCK .. mouse): No such file or dir.
DOSEMU: ttys lock: (/usr/spool/uucp/LCK .. modem): No such file or dir.

And int10,0 set_video_mode failed

Like I said am new to this stuff!

Best regards

Chuma